Monday, January 8, 2007

Everyone Thinks They're Barbie

.


When I was little, I played with dolls. Nowadays, if you're famous, you can BE one. The cast of Desperate Housewives were just remade into miniature version of themselves. Madame Alexander is coming out with a line depicting the ladies of Wisteria Lane this winter, but really, I don't know anyone, no, not even fans of the show, who would want one of these hanging around in their home. The Bree doll looks pretty dead-on, but the others look like they've been cloned from one head and stuck with different wigs.

I guess if I owned these, I'd have a little fun with them. Maybe re-enact your fave scenes? Why not create your own stop-motion animation? No, I'm not going to make them having sex with one another (you pervs), but maybe something cooler, like being attacked by Transformers, then eaten by Godzilla. That's way more fun.


Alternatively, I guess I'd rather have a Bree doll than a Hilary Duff Barbie doll. Look at the teeth; they're as real as Duff's veneers! Look at that God-awful polka-dotted dress. Who wants to play with that? Who thought that was Fashionable?!? Barf. Buy at your risk at Toys'R'Us for $16.99.




The Gwen Stefani dolls are pretty darn cute. It's no wonder Gwen's star keeps rising. I'm liking the Alice-in-Wonderland look-alike, out of the 8 available designs. Being a fan of Alice, that is def. a cute reinterpretation. Available at Target for $19.99.




No comments: