Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Louis Vuitton: Weight-Loss Motivator

.
While on vacation this past June in China and Hong Kong, the lure of Louis Vuitton called out to me, and within days of landing on the HK island, I was in their watch-and-jewelry-only boutique, glowing in the familiarity of its dim but warm decor. I looked amongst the many jewels, but what caught my eye was a dainty watch, its diamonds shimmering under the halogen lights. It was the LV Tambour Bijou Noire Watch. The saleswoman was very nice, and she offered to let me try it. It was lust at first sight. I'm not a watch person by any means. I got my sources of time from my cell phone, computer, and boyfriend...you know, there's someone or something always around me who can provide the time. But from that point on, I decided that if I could lose 20 pounds, I would award myself with this spectacular piece.

There were two reasons for this rationale. 1) I would need time to save up the almost $4Gs I'm guaranteed to have to pay. 2) I would think I can only do it justice if I had a smokin' hot bod to rock something like this. Being fat and forcing the watch onto myself would only cheapen the product. It's now December, and sadly, I have not made much progress. So I am using this post to remind myself of the sweet sweet deal at the end of all this. Regardless if it's through sweating or fasting, or both, I will use this watch as the light of my beacon, to guide me to tininess. Read all about it when I can show you a picture not from the website, but when it's on my very tiny wrist. HAHA...

No comments: