Monday, December 25, 2006

Ugly Bags for Sale

.
While surveying the After Christmas Sales on my favorite luxury websites, I was disappointed by the utterly ugly bags that are floating out there. I can't believe that they think they can charge thousands of dollars for these gaudy atrocities. No wonder they're on sale. They're trying to get rid of them as soon as possible! Some ugly finds...

Saks had a bunch of hum-drum ones, but this one stood out as just ghastly. Why, Fendi, why?!? Not only does this bag lack function, I can't imagine it going w/ ~anything~! Like, nada. The floral beading, old-lady lace and gunmetal chain strap are not doing it for me. Retailing at $2,090, I suppose it's virtually a steal at $836. Yeah. For me to poop on!


Neiman Marcus
fared better with their sales options. More choices to choose from, but they didn't escape unscathed. Oscar de la Renta was going through some Latin American ethnic phase when he came up with this. Retailing for $1,750, this bag is still selling for $1,050!!! WTF? From what I can tell, this bag is made of hemp and wooden beads & buttons. I can't believe it's still over a grand, considering they probably paid some poor peasants in the villages of Mexico to bead these for $3 US dollars.


Bergdorf Goodman had two offenses. Not counting the Oscar de la Renta I just mentioned above (yes, they are offering that one, too, but probably 'cause they're all affiliated), these two bags are not what I would consider high couture. The Prada Shearling Shoulder Bag is just a joke. I mean, it looks like a wine bottle gift bag. Some poor animal really died in vain. Retailing at $2,375, it can be yours for $1,188. Phooey!

The Toos Fringed Evening Bag is absolutely frightful. It's as if the designer had bags of fringe leftover from some curtain project, and decided that if they tacked it onto a bag, they can get a 1,000% profit! Retailing for $1,450, you can get it for $885. If I had to choose, I'd go w/ the Fendi. Seriously, IF I had to choose. Like, if a gun was put to my head. Fugly!!!


Here's wishing you all happy shopping. But please, do steer clear of these bags.

1 comment:

LiK said...

the last pic of that bag looks like seaweed is stuck to it