Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Muse, Amuse...

.
I'd been soooo good about not getting into the latest "it" bags 'cause I know it's a waste of money and all, but word-of-mouth advertising really does work. I was reading the latest issue of House & Garden and what do I come upon, but a article about Chloe Sevigny's home. The thing that caught my eyes wasn't her home, which wasn't exactly decorated in my taste, but the Yves St. Laurent Muse bag hanging off of her door. When it first came out in all the advertising, I was like, no way, it's too fuddy duddy, I'm not going to get suckered into it. But I've been looking for the perfect white purse, and this pic just called out to me!!! So this Saturday, I'm going to see if I can try it on for size at either Neiman's or Sak's in Boston, and if it looks good, I'll probably order it. It's the way CS describes why she loves her bag that got me, totally. And it sounds lame when I quote her here, but all she says is:

"The Yves Saint Laurent bag is perfect for planes. Easy to open and big enough for scripts."


Yup, that's all she says. No big friggin' insights. So here I am, fantasizing about myself getting on a plane and carrying this gorgeous white purse. Which will probably get filthy dirty when I'm forced to stick it under the cheap coach seat in front of me. But a woman should be able to fantasize, no?

Yves Saint Laurent Muse Medium Zip Top Bag

No comments: