Thursday, December 14, 2006

Rosie Apologizes, No Longer a Bitch in My Book

.
OK, I didn't think I'd have anything to say about Rosie for a while, but she just apologized for her ching chong comments, so I forgive her. Kinda.

"This apparently was very offensive to a lot of Asian people. So I asked Judy, who's Asian and works here in our hair and makeup department. I said, 'Was it offensive to you?' And she said, 'Well, kinda. When I was a kid people did tease me by saying ching-chong.'

"So apparently 'ching-chong,' unbeknownst to me, is a very offensive way to make fun, quote-unquote, or mock, Asian accents. Some people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. I was like, really? I didn't know that.

O'Donnell said that her joke was "never intended to hurt anyone, and I'm sorry for those people who felt hurt or were teased on the playground," but added that in the future, "there's a good chance that I'll do something like that again ... Not on purpose."

Well, as long as she came around and realized why it would get on our nerves, I'll let bygones be bygones. Just don't do it again, Rosie!!!!

No comments: