Friday, December 15, 2006

Martha Stewart Talks About Sex...Kinda

.
Yesterday morning, Martha Stewart appeared on the "The Howard Stern Show" for the first time to celebrate the one-year anniversary of her SIRIUS channel, Martha Stewart Living Radio. During the interview, she was surprisingly candid (but diplomatic) about all aspects from her personal life, from the fact that she uses a $1,200 vibrator called the Thumper which has different attachments/heads (no mental picturing here, ok?) to women hitting on her in prison to not wearing any panties when Howard asked her what kind of panties she had on. She also talked about dating a very wealthy man who wrote Word and Excel for Microsoft (he was employee #20-something) to not having many close friends anymore because of the lawsuit that put her in jail. She indicated she violated her parole by speaking with a convicted felon, Artie Lang, a member of Howard's show.

All in all, Martha surprises me all the time. People have written horrible books about how she's a tyrant, and maybe she was, but she's one hell of a business woman, and they can't take that away from her. For someone well into her 60's, she still looks good, is very sensible when she speaks of her life struggles and battles, and I wholly admire how well-grounded she appears. Keeping up appearances are her specialty, so let's not pretend she doesn't have a staff of 100 doing all the work in the background. Hell, I would be very frightened to work for her. She could be a bitch for all I knew, but if I had 10% of her drive, maybe I wouldn't be sitting around writing in this blog. :p Martha is my hero, and I would love to have a sliver of the success she's gained. I really enjoyed her interview, and I hope she reveals more in the book she said she was going to write.


My only comment is when she mentioned who she was dating, I just winced. My bread and butter comes from making beautiful slides on PPT and XLS, and damn it if my life would have been different if these programs were never written. What the hell would I be doing with my life? But I digress...

Oh yeah, she also presented Howard with a copy of her new book, Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook. I want to check it out. I'm in dire need of organization in my life, so hopefully there are some pearls of wisdom in there. After all, I'm not forking out $45 to learn that the answer to all of my problems are a couple of bottles of Windex and Febreze!

No comments: